Abilene Dental Assistant School was founded by a Dentist due to a lack of qualified Dental Assistants in today’s current job market. We provide real-world Dental Assisting skills which are both comprehensive and hands-on so that you will be ready to work upon course completion.
The hands-on approach that our school takes is especially unique to the field. You will learn the fundamental skills of Dental Assisting in a actual Dental Office, rather than a classroom which prepares you to work side by side with Dentist after course completion.
Our goal is to prepare you to start working right after graduation. Hands-on training is our main focus throughout the course. Our low instructor to student ratio will prepare you on the multiple facets of Dental Assisting.
What makes us different:
- Classes are on Saturday: This will allow you to work during the week to help pay for school
- Tuition is affordable: We charge a fraction of what other schools charge.
- Our school takes place in a Dental Office: What better place to learn Dental Assisting than a Dental Office.
- Payment plan are available: We offer affordable payment plans that require no credit check.
- Job Assistance available after graduation: We have dedicated career services representatives available to help you craft a professional resume and find a job upon graduation.
What Dental Assistants Do:
Dental Assistants are an essential piece of the Dental field,Since Dental Assistants are involved in so many different areas. Some of the tasks that you will do is taking x-rays, dental impression, pouring and trimming models, and learning how to assist chair side.
Dental Assistant Pay:
The median pay for Dental Assistants according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics in May 2016 is $36,940 per year or $17.76 per hour. The job openings are expected to increase 25% from 2012 to 2022 which is much faster than the average for other professions.